Bitter Libertarian Lady

I sweat the petty stuff. Lots of things make me bitter. Sometimes I need to vent. Offended? Don't take it personally, just skip to the next entry and realize that I've probably forgotten about whatever irked me then and found something even more trivial to rant about. Hugs and kisses.

Friday, February 25, 2005

I've been issued more paper!

I've been issued more paper! Paper for the printer here at work, that is. This shouldn't cause quite so much excitement, but at my office paper issuing day is a big deal. Compare it to military people getting letters from home, but without the warm fuzzies of knowing your family loves you, which we trade in for the satisfaction of being able to continue working. Why is paper issuing a big deal? Because my boss decided that our printers went through toner too fast. Instead of buying a nice printer and printing on economy mode, he decided that a better option was to issue paper to everyone and make them fill the printer every time they want to use it. We're also required to log when we use the printer. Has this prevented any printer problems? Of course not. Instead we all fight over who gets to print first because their paper is already in the printer. And all I know is that the guy across the way from me owes me 3 sheets. But now I have 500 more crisp white sheets to go through before I have to threaten to injure him (or steal his parking spot, which might actually be worse) to get my 3 sheets of paper back.

Now, I don't work at some retail establishment where computing and printing is relatively unnecessary. Instead, I work at an academic institution where everything I print is actually work or school related. Half of the things I print end up on my advisor's lap, but for some reason he can't believe how much we print. Maybe if he'd stop assigning me work I wouldn't have to print so much. I should bring this up during the next group meeting. After I get my sheets of paper back from the guy across the hall.

Hugs and kisses,
The Bitter Libertarian

4 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger safari911 said…

    The saddest thing about this whole scenario is that by "inventing" computers and all this high technology, isn't it supposed to create a paper free environment. So now instead of having so called more time to educate, we land up wasting it like.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Mark said…

    I enjoyed your post so much I've to it. It makes me realise that my place of work is just slightly less crazy than yours. Welcome to the world of bloggery.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger sic said…

    At least you don't have to wait for 'real' staff to quit or get fired so that you can pilfer their office supplies. I'd never get anything any other way!

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger LibertyinmyLife said…

    sic -- I worked for the government for the summer and I actually did have to do that! It made the day more exciting though, when everyone would fight over the dead guy's stapler.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home